Thursday, May 20, 2010

Create in Me a Clean Heart

This morning, while I was doing my Bible study time, I came upon the above scripture..."Create in me a clean heart O God, and put a new and right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10 It caused me to reflect on what is a clean heart? I knew it did not mean that God was going to scrub my physical heart. No, it is much more than that. It is a prayer asking God to change me on the inside.to make it more like His. It is a prayer to remove the selfishness, the uncaring, the self pitying, the fearful, unbelieving part of me and to replace it with caring, serving, praying, praising and glorifying God in everything I do.

Some days it is hard for me to do. I want to enjoy my little world, believing that I don't belong anywhere else except in my flannel pajama pants and sweatshirt curled up with a good book. Some days I don't want to answer the phone when i am making a card or watching Judge Judy. But, I need to. I need to take every opportunity God presents me to reach out to others, to worship with others, to live for Him whether it is in the privacy of my own home or in public. I need to fill my head with thoughts that glorify Him.

Life is so exciting, so worthwhile, so enriching when I look to Christ, when I live for Him in all I do. Satan knows how to get to me. I'm learning to call out to the Lord more and more often. And, those times when the right spirit is within me is increasing. As I become closer to Christ, He brings to light the areas of my life that need to be given over to Him to be cleaned, to be redeemed for His work. I am so glad that God loves me just as I am, but loves me so much that He sticks with me and helps me to see what needs to change to live a fuller, more abundant life.

Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." God is what is within me. Life in His Son, Jesus Christ is what matters in my life. And, through the power of the Holy Spirit I pray that I can live my days for Him.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this, I needed it today. God bless! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, thank you for sharing, God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete